14 November 2009
Volunteers on the Health '09 project left Nairobi today after 3 weeks working on various health related projects in the Kipkelion District. The team consisted of 32 volunteers from all over Ireland, Scotland and Australia. The team was lead by Project Leaders Laura Ahern, Pat Broderick and Mary Dunford. The tasks completed included the following:
- Village heath surveys completed on 148 households in the Kamasian Division of the Kipkelion District.
- Lifeskills Peer Education Courses complete.
- Business Planning training for community groups in Londiani.
- Project Management Training given to FOL staff.
- Medical Education courses in Essential Obstetric Care, Integrated Management of Childhood Illness, and Pre Hospital Trauma Care given to staff from 51 health facilities in the Kipkelion District.
- Link project facilitated between Mayo General Hospital and Londiani District Hospital.
- Two Public Health Field Days in Kamasian Division.
- Outreach clinics and immunisation clinics.
- School visits in the Kamasian Division.
- Child Assessment clinic in Bethel Children's Home.
- Volume 2 of the St Kizito's Choir CD recorded!